Propmodo deciphers and defines trends for commercial real estate professionals through a combination of news, research, events, and marketing services. Our team specializes in creating diverse, deeply-researched content that helps shape perceptions in the industry and provides real value to property executives.
We are looking for a staff writer to join our team. The ideal candidate has a strong track record in commercial real estate or technology writing, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills. In this role, you’ll work closely with the editor to write deeply researched feature articles that drive conversation.
- Generate commercial real estate story ideas by keeping close tabs on the industry and developing a strong network
- Write accurate stories distilling complex real estate industry trends and technologies
- Contribute to Propmodo’s email newsletters and news Briefs, research reports and other multimedia content as needed
- Come with ideas and energy!
- Import and edit content, headlines and metadata in Google Docs, AirTable and WordPress CMS
- Demonstrated ability in digital journalism and a track record of excellence
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills and a solid understanding of AP style
- Well-developed editorial judgment and understanding of commercial real estate stories that make an impact
- Experience with SEO best practices and multi-platform reporting techniques
- Superb communication and project management skills and a diverse array of contacts
- Desire to create feature stories that provide deep value to readers and demonstrate Propmodo’s brand authority
- Knowledge, understanding and interest in areas of real estate, technology, the built environment, workplaces and urbanism
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Training and development with a proactive team that wants to help you succeed
- Flexible working location wherever you are most effective at producing the best outcome for the company
- Investment in your home working setup, we want to support your productivity, satisfaction, and effectiveness
- Proven management and leadership team that invests time to progress your career as fast as possible – your rapid success is in our mutual interest
- Annual off-sites, weekly virtual team huddles and a variety of events in the US and abroad
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Propmodo offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match and healthcare coverage.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Propmodo team.
Please apply online explaining your interest and how your experience makes you a good candidate for this role. You may also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org